RIGHT TALENT FOR RIGHT STRATEGY
The TEAM skills required for a start up are very different from those required for declining or maturing business. OBVIOUSLY those required for performing complex health and wellness procedures are different from those who just do annual check-ups.
- The problem today is that the healthcare and wellness systems have had very restrictive programs and requirements and there are major shortages in many key areas.
- The problem is there is little or no interest in changing the requirements, the procedures and the legal barriers to providing the needed skills and thus increasing availability and lowering the costs.
- It is my opinion that there has been too much focus on adding to the higher level buracracy and not enough attention to assuring the critical skills are available now and in the future.
- Healthcare like higher education is DEGREE and pedigree obsessed. This results in making the shortage even worse. There is no question that many procedures aided by technology and AI could enable less "degreed people" to do the job safely and effectively.
- Because of the increasing complexity of getting paid and dealing with rules and regulations, many primary care providers have been forced to close or sell their practices and become "contract workers".
In the next few pages I will discuss each of these issues and provide some ideas of what needs to be done.
NEXT TAB IS ABOUT INCREASING SHORTAGE OF TALENT